Gaithersburg /Germantown, MD (September 18, 2018) – The Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber of Commerce (GGCC) will honor its volunteers, shows its commitment to volunteerism and recognize its Chamber stars at the Business Networking After Five / Annual Membership Picnic event on Thursday, September 20, 2018. The event will be held at and is sponsored by Smokey Glen Farm Barbequers, Inc. in Gaithersburg.
The GGCC holds its annual picnic in honor of its volunteers who generously give their time and talents to the Chamber. These remarkable people are an integral part of the Chamber and its success.
The GGCC has over 120 active volunteers serving on one or more of the following committees:
- Board of Directors
- Legislative Affairs
- Economic Development
- Young Professionals
- Annual Celebration Dinner
The volunteers’ commitment helps the GGCC remain vital and meet the needs of our business community.
Four chamber members will receive an award & special recognition for their commitment and involvement with the Chamber. These “exceptional volunteers” are nominated by the working committees of the Chamber for having substantially contributed to GGCC member programs and activities.
Nonprofits serve a very important role in our community. Annually, the GGCC shows its commitment to volunteerism by giving its non-profit members the opportunity to “showcase” their organizations and communicate their role in our business community at its picnic.
“Our non-profits do really important work for the community. It is our great pleasure to give them an opportunity to showcase their organizations,” said Balcombe.
The non-profit organizations participating in this year’s showcase include:
- Auted, Inc.
- BlackRock Center for the Arts
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Washington
- CHI Health Care
- Cornerstone Montgomery
- Equipment Connections for Children, Inc. (ECFC)
- Finding Your FootPrint Foundation, Inc.
- Housing Initiative Partnership
- Hospice Caring, Inc.
- Metropolitan Ballet Theatre and Academy
- Montgomery County Department of Environmental Protection/Solid Waste Services
- Montgomery County DOT – Commuter Services
- The Nonprofit Village Center, Inc.
- Operation Second Chance
- SEBA (Standards Employees Benefit Association)
- Story Tapestries, Inc.
- TLC – The Treatment & Learning Centers
- The Tree House Child Advocacy Center of Montgomery County
The Business Networking After Five / Annual Picnic will be held on Thursday, September 20, 2018 from 5:30-7:30 P.M. at Smokey Glen Farm Barbequers, Inc., 16407 Riffle Ford Road, Gaithersburg, MD 20878. The event is free for GGCC Members and $40 for Non-Members, Further information and/or registration at: https://bit.ly/2xxWt2C.