When we have open staff positions at the GGCC, they’ll be listed here! Please read the full job descriptions below and use the form provided to submit your application and resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
Events & Communications Manager – CLOSED
Title: Events & Communications Manager
Reports to: President & CEO
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Status: P/T, non-exempt
The GGCC seeks a detail-oriented individual for the part-time (25 hours weekly) position of Events & Communications Manager. The Events & Communications Manager is responsible for coordinating networking events for the Chamber; producing marketing materials; writing the weekly e-newsletter and quarterly newsletter; coordinating the volunteer recognition program, and other related duties. The Events & Communications Manager works closely with and reports to the President & CEO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage routine networking events and other special events from planning stage through event followup after completion.
- For larger events, help to secure sponsors, locations, and caterers for events.
- Review contracts regarding events for CEO signature
- Maintain the website event calendar.
- Develop and distribute appropriate marketing materials for events.
- Monitor event registration and report numbers to appropriate sources (caterer, hotel, etc.).
- Track registrations through web site, phone calls and emails.
- Responsible for event check lists for each event. Keep accurate notes/paperwork on each event and maintains the event spreadsheet, including projected attendance and revenues.
- Organize administrative event needs with registration information, name badges, walk-in sheets, etc.
- Develop and provide an agenda for those involved in the event, and collect door prizes.
Networking Events — During the Event:
- Manage the registration table for all GGCC networking events, including breakfasts, luncheons, and special workshops or other membership activities.
- Process credit cards for paid events.
Networking Events — After the Event:
- Record final event attendance in the database.
- Thank-you letters, attendance lists to sponsors, checking with bookkeeper to ensure proper invoicing and collections.
- Event Registration/Revenue Reconciliation in collaboration with CEO.
- Review final invoices and compare with contract before submitting for approval.
- Reconcile the revenue after the event using the registration list and then forwards the information to the bookkeeper
- Coordinate reconciliation with the bookkeeper for all paid events.
- Review and update visual displays for Chamber activities, e.g. signage.
- Broadcast weekly e-blast newsletter
- Design and Write Quarterly Report
- Develop Marketing Materials including press releases and event flyers
- Maintain Media List
- Conduct Periodic Member Surveys
- Monitor and Update Website and Social Media pages
- Coordinates all the activities for ribbon-cutting ceremonies, including ensuring materials are ready and present for ceremony.
- Issues invitations in a timely fashion to the Board of Directors and Public Officials.
- Requests citations from public officials.
- Solicit awards nominations from all committee chairs and membership.
- Solicit volunteers from membership to serve as scoring panel for awards.
- Orders plaques for awardees.
Staff Liaison to the following committees:
- Events, Young Professionals Group.
- Print and distribute mailing labels to event sponsors upon request.
- Database entries for event and committee registrants, event setup.
Other General Office Duties:
- Take photos for social media and e-blast newsletter at Chamber events and activities.
- Maintain Photo Archive.
- Order board badges.
- Certificates of Origin – Process and take payment for Certificates of Origin as requested.
- Maintain supplies for networking events.
- Other duties as assigned by President & CEO.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE:
- Strong communication skills including with social media and e-newsletters
- Strong customer service experience
- Ability to organize effectively to manage cycles of many events simultaneously
- Previous experience with sales databases preferred (we use CCA)
- Computer literacy (specifically Microsoft Suite of products)
- Some experience with WordPress is helpful.
GGCC is a typical office environment, located on the 2nd floor of an office building. Elevator-accessible. Events are held periodically in the early morning or evening hours at various venues in the Upcounty region of Montgomery County.
25 hours per week worked largely between 9am-5pm except for planned breakfast or after-hours events, Hybrid options available; preference to be on-site at least 15 hours weekly to collaborate with team.
- $25-$28 per hour
- Pro-rata paid time off for p/t employees
- Free parking
- Access to all GGCC networking events and professional development events
- If selected p/t employee has private event planning business, membership in the GGCC is included for that business.
Please send resume and 3 references to email@example.com.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE CHAMBER VISIT WWW.GGCHAMBER.ORG.
The Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber of Commerce celebrates diversity and inclusion as core values. GGCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It does not tolerate discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.