To increase our diversity and inclusion efforts at the Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber of Commerce, we are introducing a “Supplier Diversity Program”. Supplier Diversity Programs are initiatives that require or encourage the use of registered Minority-Owned, Women-Owned, Veteran-Owned, LGBTQ+ Owned, and Disabled-Owned defined businesses as suppliers for their product or service needs.
The GGCC created a list of Chamber Members who are certified as a Minority Business. The list serves as a reference to members and non-members who internally have a Supplier Diversity Program in place or for those who trying to be more intentional about supplier diversity when purchasing goods and services. While this program is intended to help shine light on these businesses it does not guarantee any contracts.
To be included on the list, simply send us verification of your certification through any of the below organizations. Once we have enough members, the list will be published. If you are a minority owned business, but not certified, in most cases, it is free do so. Visit the below links for more information.
State of Maryland:
The Maryland Department of Transportation is the State’s official agency to seek certification for the following:
- Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
National Certifying Agencies:
- National LGBT Chamber of Commerce
- National Minority Supplier Development Council
- National Veteran Owned Business Association
- United States Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council
- Capital Region Minority Supplier Development Council
For any questions about the Supplier Diversity Program, please reach out to Chelsea Selby at email@example.com.