We’re Hiring – Part-time Bookkeeper
The Bookkeeper is responsible for the accounting functions of the GGCC. The bookkeeper works closely with and reports to the President & CEO. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare invoices for Membership, Events, Sponsorship, etc.
- Process payments received (cash, check, credit card)
- Take deposits to the Bank twice/week.
- Make Account Receivable past-due calls.
- Verify bills, classify by account, seek approval for unusual or large bills, determine payment schedule, enter into database.
- Pay bills on a regular basis, with the review and approval of the President & CEO.
- File original bills.
- Maintain bank accounts
- Reconcile each month
- Move funds as needed with approval from Executive Director
- Oversee investment account and record monthly gain/loss
- Monitor cash flow to ensure adequate funds available
Sponsorships & Events
- Work with President to bill Corporate Sponsorships
- Work with Director of Events to bill Event Sponsors and track payments
- Reconcile revenue and expenses for each event
- After each event, invoice any attendee who has not paid either prior to or at the event.
- Review monthly transactions for accuracy
- Record necessary monthly journal entries (depreciation, investment activity, deferred revenue, etc.)
- Create monthly financial statements (Statement of Financial Position and Statement of Activity)
Human Resources / Payroll & Employee Retirement
Payroll – Direct Deposits are made to employees’ checking accounts every other Friday.
- Call in Payroll based on employee time sheets. (Bi-Weekly)
- Retrieve PAYCHEX online reports
- Enter Payroll information into Database
- Provide Paychex Stub to each employee
- Send any payroll adjustments to Payroll Service
- Payroll Service will prepare W-2s – check for accuracy against CCA
- Maintain current W-4, Withholding Allowance Certificates on each employee.
- Order New Blue Folder from Paychex
Retirement – Employee SIMPLE Accounts
- Establish maximum employer contribution yearly
- Confirm Employee Contribution
- Make Monthly deposits to retirement accounts
- At year end, calculate final Gross Salary Paid and make any necessary adjustments to Employer Contributions
Human Resource Management
- Process new employees with Paychex
- Maintain confidential employee files
- Manage HR related tasks
Work with the President & CEO on preparing the annual budget.
Work with accountant to close out books and make adjustments
- Track Insurance Policy Renewal Dates
- Monitor Postage Accounts & maintain appropriate balance in each account. Bulk – Meter – Advance Deposit
- Oversee office and kitchen supplies
- Education / training in accounting or bookkeeping
- Five years of bookkeeping experience
- Knowledge of QuickBooks
HOURS: Between 8-12 hours per week worked between 9-5, M-F, with at least one day off in between work days (i.e. M/W, T/Th, etc. )
APPLY: Send resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE CHAMBER VISIT WWW.GGCHAMBER.ORG
The GGCC is active in providing business-to-business networking opportunities throughout the year: a collective voice in local, regional, and state legislative affairs, professional development opportunities and other services that enhance the business environment.
The GGCC is located at 910 Clopper Road, Suite 205N, Gaithersburg, MD. To learn more about the GGCC visit us at www.ggchamber.org.
Find us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gaithersburg-Germantown-Chamber-of-Commerce/64339954570. Or on Twitter at: @GGCCNEWS.