We’re Hiring – Director of Membership
The Director of Membership is responsible for the (1) recruitment of new members and (2) retention of existing members. The Director of Membership will sell Chamber memberships to prospective non-member businesses by communicating the benefits of the Chamber. The Director of Membership will also track our existing members to ensure that they are actively engaged and receiving value for their membership. As part of the team, the Director of Membership will help create a robust membership program that meets the needs of our members.
- Prospect and locate qualified leads
- Sell new memberships
- Meet monthly sales goals
- Process new member applications and ensure new members are engaged
- Develop interesting member programs
- Track member activity and regularly engage with members to increase member retention
- Staff our volunteer Membership Committee
- Keep accurate and timely records of all prospect/member contact in member database
- Independent, self-starter with excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Proactive, can-do attitude, follow-through, resourcefulness, and attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated, proven success in lead generation, prospecting, and closing customers with the ability to be personable yet persistent
- Professional demeanor and presentation of self with an outgoing personality
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Access-type Database
- Must have own transportation
- Proven sales experience required
- Database/CRM experience required
- Experience working with member organizations preferred
FULL OR PART-TIME OPTIONS
40 hours per week, typically 9-5 with 2-4 mandatory early morning/late afternoon events each month. Will consider a part-time position of 25-30 hours each week.
APPLY: Send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline May 5, 2017.
The GGCC is active in providing business-to-business networking opportunities throughout the year: a collective voice in local, regional, and state legislative affairs, professional development opportunities and other services that enhance the business environment.
The GGCC is located at 910 Clopper Road, Suite 205N, Gaithersburg, MD. To learn more about the GGCC visit us at www.ggchamber.org.
Find us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gaithersburg-Germantown-Chamber-of-Commerce/64339954570. Or on Twitter at: @GGCCNEWS.