GGCC Business Golf Classic Slated for September – A Par Event
Gaithersburg, MD – Wednesday, August 28 – The Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber of Commerce (GGCC) 23rd Annual Business Golf Classic will be held on Friday, September 9 with a Noon shotgun start at PB Dye Golf Club, 9526 Doctor Perry Road in Ijamsville.
The Golf Classis allows the Chamber’s Members & Guests to grow their business & play golf at the same time. This tournament is intended to offer enjoyable golf and the opportunity to network. Meet business owners, representatives and supporters of business as you complete your round. Incredible prizes, golf contests, food and drinks await you on this unique golf experience.
A portion of the chamber’s tournament proceeds will go towards support of the Montgomery College Scholarship Foundation. These proceeds will be added to the contributions from other chamber members. The scholarship’s intent is to promote workforce development and higher education in Montgomery County. Through the years, the Chamber has contributed over $100,000 in scholarships to Montgomery College students. Once we reached this level of giving, we wanted to make sure that the GGCC Montgomery College Scholarship was sustainable. In 2013, the GGCC Board of Directors set a goal of establishing a $25,000 GGCC Montgomery College Endowment and we have exceeded our goal. As we move forward, our goal is to continue to grow the Endowment Fund at the same time we provide some level of giving to current students.
Our 2013 Business Golf Classic Sponsors thus far include:
- Capital Bank, N.A. – Closest to the Pin Women
- City of Gaithersburg – Lunch Sponsor
- Davis & Associates, P.A. – Long Drive Women
- DeLeon & Stang CPA’s & Advisors – Tournament Sponsor
- Genesis Security Systems, LLC- Golfer Gift Sponsor
- Hughes Network Systems – Tournament Sponsor
- Lakeforest Mall – Putting Contest Sponsor
- Lerch, Early & Brewer, Chartered – Closest to the Pin Men
- Linowes & Blocher, LLP – Beverage Cart Sponsor
- Montgomery College – Tournament Sponsor
- OBA Bank – Golfer Gift Sponsor
- Riparius Construction – Reception Sponsor
- Rodgers Consulting – Tournament Sponsor
- Scheer Partners – Reception Sponsor
- Sonabank – Reception Sponsor
- The Gazette – Tournament Sponsor
- Therrien Waddell, Inc. – Long Drive Men Sponsor
- Village Settlements – Beverage Cart Sponsor
Allen DeLeon of DeLeon & Stang, CPAs and Advisors and a GGCC Board of Director will be the Master of Ceremonies for the event.
Golfers are $250 for Members and $300 for Non-Members. A variety of sponsorship opportunities are also available. Please visit our website, www.ggchamber.org, for further details.
Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber of Commerce
(301) 840-1400 x14
The GGCC is active in providing business-to-business networking opportunities throughout the year: a collective voice in local, regional, and state legislative affairs, professional development opportunities and other services that enhance the business environment.
The GGCC is located at 910 Clopper Road, Suite 205N, Gaithersburg, MD. To learn more about the GGCC visit us at www.ggchamber.org.
Find us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gaithersburg-Germantown-Chamber-of-Commerce/64339954570. Or on Twitter at: @GGCCNEWS.