GGCC BIG Data Seminar to be Held in April
Gaithersburg /Germantown, MD (February 8, 2017) – The Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber of Commerce (GGCC) invites you to its BIG Data for Business! Seminar sponsored by Johns Hopkins University Montgomery County Campus & M&T Bank on Tuesday, April 4, 2017.
The amount of data out there is incredible, and it just keeps growing. It’s what organizations do with the data that matters. Big data can be analyzed for insights that lead to better decisions and strategic conception. What does that mean for businesses? How can they make better use of the information that flows into their organizations every day?
BIG Data – and the way organizations manage and derive insight from it – is changing the way the world uses business information. We are delighted to announce our keynote speaker will be Alton Henley, Sr. Program Director at Montgomery College, Workforce Development & Continuing Education. He is expert in the area of data and data analytics.
“This is an exciting topic. We all joke that “big brother” is watching, but we need to know what data is out there and how we can use it to improve our business,” said Marilyn Balcombe, President, Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber.
About the Seminar:
- What is #BigData / Data Analytics? What can it do?
- What data should I be gathering and how? (internal / public domain / commercial data)
- I have the data, now what do I do with it? (data-driven decision making)
- How does this impact my product, marketing, target market?
- How to find the information I need without getting swallowed up?
- What are 3 – 5 takeaways that I can start using in my own business
This seminar will help us answer questions like:
- If we take data from any source and analyze how it can help with product development and smart decision making?
And can all of this BIG Data and its analysis help answer these questions:
- What will this customer buy next?
- What is the potential value of this customer?
- How influential is a person?
- How can we engage with a person through products and services that the customer has not yet thought of?
Who Should Attend?
Some ask does BIG Data have a place in the small business arena. There are almost 28 million small businesses in the U.S., and more than 50% of the working population work in a small business. So we would say yes, BIG Data is suited to small business in ways that it never was for big business. And BIG Data is helpful for medium and large businesses alike. This seminar is for everyone – small, medium, large businesses, business owners, sales, marketing professionals and more.
Cost: $20 Chamber Members /$30 Non-Members
The GGCC is active in providing business-to-business networking opportunities throughout the year: a collective voice in local, regional, and state legislative affairs, professional development opportunities and other services that enhance the business environment.
The GGCC is located at 910 Clopper Road, Suite 205N, Gaithersburg, MD. To learn more about the GGCC visit us at www.ggchamber.org.
Find us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gaithersburg-Germantown-Chamber-of-Commerce/64339954570. Or on Twitter at: @GGCCNEWS.