Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber Business Golf Classic Raises Money for Montgomery College
Gaithersburg /Germantown, MD (September 18, 2017) –It was a beautiful, sunny day for the Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber of Commerce (GGCC) 27th Annual Business Golf Classic at Worthington Manor Golf Club in Urbana on Friday, September 8, 2017.
The Chamber’s tournament offers its members and guests a variety of sponsorship opportunities for them to play and network with business colleagues, gain exposure, build good will & get brand recognition for their business. At the tournament business owners, representatives and supporters completed their round, won prizes, competed in golf contests, enjoyed food and drinks and had an ultimate golf experience.
Additionally, a portion of the proceeds supported the Montgomery College Scholarship Fund. Currently the Chamber’s Scholarship endowment sits at $90,000. We are committed to workforce development & investing in Montgomery College students. The endowment was established for future giving. It will ensure that the GGCC continues to support Montgomery College in perpetuity.
“We had a great day and continue to get closer to our scholarship goal of raising $100,000 endowment form Montgomery College”, said Marilyn Balcombe, GGCC Executive Director.
Winners of the 27th Annual Business Golf Classic included:
- 1st Place – Hughes Network Systems, LLC – An EchoStar Company
- 2nd Place – Revere Bank
- 3rd Place – DeLeon & Stang, CPAs & Advisors
- Closest to the Pin Women – Brittany Hilton, Hughes Network Systems, LLC
- Long Drive Men – Michael Coon, Aerotek
- Closest to the Pin Men – Jim Muir, Hughes Network Systems, LLC
- Putting Contest – Joe Haley, Hughes Network Systems, LLC
The GGCC is grateful to its sponsors, golfers, volunteers and Worthington Manor Golf Club.
The GGCC golf tournament sponsors included:
- City of Gaithersburg
- DANAC, LLC
- Hughes Network Systems, LLC
- Morgan-Keller Construction
- Scheer Partners, Inc.
- DeLeon & Stang, CPAs & Advisors
- Therrien Waddell, Inc.
Cocktail Reception Sponsor
- Buch Construction, Inc.
- Lakeforest Mall
- DARCARS Automotive Group
- Shulman Rogers Gandal Pordy & Ecker, P.A
- Village Settlements, Inc.
- Therrien Waddell, Inc.
- DrinkMore Water
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott
- General Insurance Group, Inc.
- Gorman’s Garments & Gear
- Hand & Stone Gaithersburg
- Holiday Inn Gaithersburg
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites
- Homewood Suites
- The Lube Center & The Auto Spa
- M&T Bank
- O’Donnell’s Market
- Revere Bank
- Shannon & Luchs Insurance Agency Inc.
- Zoes Kitchen
Allen DeLeon of DeLeon & Stang, CPAs and Advisors is the Chair and Master of Ceremonies for the event.
The GGCC is active in providing business-to-business networking opportunities throughout the year: a collective voice in local, regional, and state legislative affairs, professional development opportunities and other services that enhance the business environment.
The GGCC is located at 910 Clopper Road, Suite 205N, Gaithersburg, MD. To learn more about the GGCC visit us at www.ggchamber.org.
Find us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gaithersburg-Germantown-Chamber-of-Commerce/64339954570. Or on Twitter at: @GGCCNEWS.